Permits and Applications

Permits and applications are attached. If you have any questions please call the number listed below.

Burn Permit

For a burn permit you must contact the Town of Whitingham Fire Warden, Allan L Twitchell (802) 368-2823

Information on Burn Permits:

Our Fire Warden, Allan Twitchell, maintains a permit station under his front porch. He's located at 243 Goodnow Road, just off Rt. 100. Look for the Fire Warden and/or Railroad Crossing signs in his front yard. The receipt book station is kept under the front porch.

Allan's rules are simple:
- If the log book is out, it's OK to burn.
- Fill out your contact information and take your yellow copy

If you have the space on your property, Allan suggests not burning your brush and maintaining a pile in an out of the way location. This can provide a nice wildlife habit and the brush will eventually rot away.

Jacksonville Pond

If you need a permit for your business, or for your home, you may want to contact a specialist. State Permit Specialists take the mystery out of the permit process. They can save you on costly delays, give expert advice and help you access the resources you need.

Find your State Permit Specialists at our regional office:

District 2
State Permit Office
100 Mineral Street, Suite #303
Springfield, VT  05156

Or call our regional office contact, John Fay, at (802) 279-4747.

The Whitingham Municipal Center located at 2948 VT Route 100 in Jacksonville is available for rent for special occasions.  The main dining hall occupancy is up to 100 people.  A fully equiped kitchen is also available.  The Municipal Center Use Policy is attached as well as rental contracts.  For more information please contact Almira Aekus at (802) 368-7887.


Visit our File Cabinet for announcements, forms, records, and reports — all in one handy place. You'll find Agendas and Minutes, Annual Reports, Application Forms, the Town Charter, Election Results, Ordinances, and Policies.